Efficiency Matrix, has over twenty years experience in Air tightness testing services and products. We are the leading air tightness testing company in Australasia. Working in many different industries throughout Australia, we are an ATTMA Level 2 Certified tester and we pride ourselves on helping clients. We pro-actively help people understand the benefits of build quality where air tightness and insulation consistency is concerned.
We have the largest capability in Air tightness testing within Asia with over 20 calibrated Blower door fans, 17 of our fans are commercial grade fans moving upto 14,000m3/h each.
As well as an extensive evaluation of technology and best practice from around the world, Efficiency Matrix now provides the most comprehensive, global best practice building envelope air barrier evaluation process and retrofitting capabilities in Australia. Go to our Air Tightness Consultancy page for more information.
Our Air Leakage services include:
- Green Star
- Defect reporting with intrinsically safe photographic equipment
- Facade Testing
- High-resolution Riser inspections with robotic equipment with floodlights
- Remediation works, of the building envelope
- Ultrasonic Sound testing for air tightness
- Detailed riser inspections using mining grade photographic equipment
- Automated sealing up of ductwork and floor plenums
- Building pressurisation services for Airtightness in Residential homes in Melbourne.
- Ductwork pressurisation in residential homes.
- Commercial Air tightness testing services for Green Star. (The largest capability in Australia for testing the largest of buildings)
- Thermal imaging for insulation consistency and locating draughts in the building envelope.
- Smoke testing
- Appraisal of architectural drawings for air tightness design
- Building airtightness sealing
- Consultation on ventilation strategies in homes.
- Product recommendations for airtightness of the building envelope.
- Marketing material of energy efficient products for manufacturers of products.
- Testing airtightness of devices that penetrate the building envelope
- Floor plenum testing
- Floor plenum automated sealing
- Supply and return plenum air tightness testing
- Commercial ductwork air tightness testing
- Commercial duct sealing, for ventilation or HVAC services
- Penetration auditing and reporting, quantifying the overall size of holes.
- Tracer gas analysis
- Testing to Australian and/or international standards
- Modelling air tightness benefits in a building design, taking into consideration, stack effect and wind effects.
- Supplier of Fire rating building envelope extension products for plaster ceilings
- Supplier of door and window sealing products
- Oil and Gas / On shore mining
We provide a one-stop shop turnkey solution to assist builders/property owners to learn and achieve airtightness in their projects, and we have a proven track record, with amazing results. Contact us for our references.
Building Pressurisation is extremely popular overseas in quantifying and scientifically proving some degree of air tightness for demonstrating energy efficiency of a home.
- with thermal imaging reporting, marked off on a plan, with estimation of percentage of coverage.
- ultrasonic sound auditing
- theatrical smoke testing
- smoke stick testing
- Guarded blower door testing
- Flowhood air flow testing, to work out how much particular items leak (R&D)
Correct ventilation in a home/building should always be by design and not by poor construction quality. Give us a call regarding your projects.
Efficiency Matrix is accredited to perform air tightness testing to:
AS/NZS ISO 9972: Thermal Performance of buildings – determination of air permeability of buildings – fan pressurisation method
BS EN 13829: Thermal Performance of buildings – determination of air permeability of buildings – fan pressurisation method
Proud members of:
AIRAH (Australian Institute of Refrigeration, Air-Conditioning and Heating)
AIVAA (Air Infiltration and Ventilation Association of Australia)
ATTMA (Air Tightness Testing & Measurement Association)